National Vocation Awareness Week (NVAW) in the U.S. is celebrated the first full week in November every year. The SSND North American Vocation Team invites everyone to consider what can be done to increase the awareness and understanding of religious vocations during NVAW and beyond.
10 ways to help promote a culture of vocation:
- Pray for all young people to be open to hearing and following God’s call. (Find prayers here.)
- Pray for vocation directors and all who encounter and accompany young people discerning their vocation.
- Create space and time in your home/community to pray together with others for an increase in religious vocations.
- Ask to leave vocation brochures, prayer cards and bookmarks in display areas at your parish, school or ministry location. [See order form here.]
- Host a table with vocation information at parish and campus festivals and events.
- Check your (arch)diocesan website for vocation resources.
- Renew your own vows publicly in your parish, school or ministry, perhaps when celebrating an anniversary.
- Be a consistent presence with and among young people, accompanying them where they are (e.g. in activities, events, or celebrations).
- Share SSND vocation events designed for young adults.
- Explore nrvc.net for additional resources (like this one).
>>Take the Meet Our Sisters Tour for National Vocation Awareness Week