Notre Dame Academy in Waterdown, Ontario, opened in 1927. The academy served as both a boarding school and a day school, although grade-school children were not allowed to board after 1931 (this rule was lifted during World War II because many mothers had to take on war-time work to support their families). In the early years, the boarders were allowed to go home only at Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter. The school closed in 1983.
Pictured are a few scenes from Notre Dame Academy, including a picture of the exterior of the convent and academy with the school bus parked in front; a view of the “wicker room,” taken in 1940 and the boarders dining room.