Senior Associate of Development
Position Title: Senior Associate of Development, School Sisters of Notre Dame, Atlantic-Midwest Province
Reports to: Director of Development, School Sisters of Notre Dame, Atlantic-Midwest Province
Office Location: 6401 North Charles Street, Baltimore, MD 21212
Classification: Full time, Salaried/Exempt
About the School Sisters of Notre Dame
The School Sisters of Notre Dame is an international congregation of women religious, which was founded in Bavaria in 1833. The first sisters arrived in North America in 1847. The School Sisters of Notre Dame, now living and ministering on five continents, have their Generalate in Rome, Italy. Their mission is to proclaim the good news, directing their entire lives toward that oneness for which Jesus Christ was sent.
The Atlantic-Midwest Province is one of 10 provinces in the international congregation. SSNDs from this province minister in Canada, England, Italy, South Sudan and the United States, with administrative and health care centers in Baltimore, Maryland; Chicago, Illinois; Waterdown, Ontario, Canada; and Wilton, Connecticut.
The Senior Associate is a member of the development team, which is responsible for fundraising activities and building meaningful relationships throughout the province.
Under the supervision of the Director of Development, the Senior Associate will be responsible for growing and strengthening the major gift program, assisting with execution of moves management strategies, conducting weekly calls to recent donors and administering the local advisory committee.
Major Gift Program
- Manage relationships with major donor prospects.
- With support of Director of Development, design and implement major gifts program and individual donor plans and assist with execution of moves management strategies.
- Work with major gift prospects to secure philanthropic commitments at the level of $25,000 or more.
- Assist with planned giving solicitation/marketing.
- Conduct weekly thank you calls to recent donors.
- Maintain relationship with donors through calls and organized visits that may include the Director of Development and/or a School Sister of Notre Dame.
- Conduct pre- and post-event communication/cultivation with individuals.
- Administer the local advisory committee
- Input data, generate query and reports, as needed, for donor portfolio and local area details utilizing Raisers Edge.
- College degree required; Masters or CRFE designation a plus.
- Minimum of five years of fund-raising experience in Greater Maryland/Washington, D.C., area.
- Proven track record of successful commitments of major gifts at the level of $25,000 or more.
- Broad knowledge of the principles of fundraising – able to participate in all aspects of the gift cycle:
- Initiate contacts with potential donors
- Develop appropriate cultivation strategies for them
- Move potential donors in an appropriate and timely fashion toward solicitation and closure
- Make solicitations when appropriate
- Maintain stewardship contacts with donors.
- Knowledge of tax laws that impact charitable giving, personal assets and estates.
- Demonstrated leadership and the ability to successfully to multi-task and implement new initiatives.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and be a self-starter with ability to work independently and as member of fast-paced development team.
- Ability to serve as trainer to leadership and colleagues.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, sophisticated interpersonal and relationship-building skills, strong organization and management skills.
- Ability to collaborate with others and create unity in working with donors, volunteers, sisters, staff and colleagues.
- Competent with Microsoft Office Suite and Raisers Edge.
- Ability to travel distances in the United States and to attend off-site conferences and meetings.
- Ability to distinguish and honor confidentiality and communicate information, as needed.
- Experience with religious life and organizations a plus.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter, resume and salary history to email@example.com.