Executive Director, Center for Earth Spirituality and Rural Ministry
School Sisters of Notre Dame Central Pacific Province seeks a full-time Executive Director for the Center for Earth Spirituality and Rural Ministry (CESRM) at the Our Lady of Good Counsel Campus Mankato, Minnesota location. The position is responsible for directing and providing leadership in fulfilling the mission and vision of (CESRM). This is accomplished through education, advocacy, and collaboration.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provide leadership in pursuit of carrying out the mission of CESRM.
- Through reading and study, develop and maintain an understanding of current Earth spirituality and theology from diverse cultures and traditions.
- Through reading and research, develop and maintain an intellectual understanding of Earth literacy and as the foundation for active participation in the pursuit of a sustainable future for all species and ecosystems.
- Collaborate with the CESRM Board and CESRM’s Advisory Committee to fulfill CESRM’s mission.
- Commit to gain understanding of the charism of the SSND and to apply those values to the work of CESRM.
- Effectively communicate CERSM’s mission to the public.
2. Perform administrative responsibilities associated with maintaining the office of CESRM.
- Administer the CESRM office, supervising all regular business affairs, such as the maintenance of records, reports, and signing and execution of contracts.
- Develop and monitor an annual budget, ensuring that all funds are collected and expended to the best possible advantage.
- Collaborate with the Board of Directors and engage in grant writing, donor development, fundraising events, speaking on behalf of CESRM.
- Oversee communications: CESRM newsletter, website, Facebook page, e-mail lists, etc.
- Engage in ongoing program review and the development of new programming, including long range planning and periodic review of CESRM’s mission and goals.
- Oversee and coordinate CESRM volunteers and interns.
3. Develop, organize, and oversee the implementation of educational programs.
- Plan and coordinate Earth centered educational programming for children and adults through conferences, classes, workshops, and other events.
4. Administer the Community Gardens on Good Counsel Hill.
- Plan and coordinate with the garden committee and Good Counsel personnel.
- Maintain the care of the Red Barn and all contents.
5. Oversee CESRM’s advocacy efforts.
- Maintain CESRM Advocacy Alert Network and relationships with environmental groups within the mission of CESRM
6. Engage actively in collaborative efforts to promote the care of creation
- Participate collaboratively with local, state, and national organizations seeking to promote care of creation.
- Promote significant partnerships with local endeavors for sustainability.
- Communicate and network with other faith-based organizations in the achievement of a growing understanding of an Earth Spirituality.
- Maintain a cooperative relationship with the leadership and staff at Good Counsel.
- Post-secondary education equivalent to a Bachelor’s Degree.
- Sufficient prior professional experience to permit the competent fulfilling of duties and responsibilities
- Sensitivity to diverse cultures, and commitment to a growing knowledge of diversity issues.
- Ability to create the spirit of hospitality in all aspects of CESRM’s work.
- Comprehensive understanding of, and commitment to, Earth sustainability and environmental issues, philosophies and action strategies to achieve those ends.
- Honesty and integrity, as demonstrated continuously by the care and use of SSND property.
- Skills in Microsoft Word, Office, and web browsers.
- Employee will be required to work outside, with possible exposure to heat, cold, and inclement weather.
- Employee must be able to lift up to 50 pounds, to reach overhead, stoop, stand, bend, sit, kneel and squat for extended periods of time.
- Ability to occasionally travel.
Please send or email application, letter of interest and salary requirements by January 18, 2017 to:
School Sisters of Notre Dame
Attn: Beth DuChene
170 Good Counsel Drive
Mankato, Minnesota 56001
or email Beth DuChene at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Beth DuChene: 507-389-4284, email@example.com with any questions.