The Caroline Friess Center in Baltimore, Maryland, seeks a part-time Technical Support Specialist.
The Technical Support Specialist will fulfill numerous job responsibilities including: maintaining the computers; providing first line support for the network; maintaining the Caroline Center website and blog; and providing assistance in the use of products such as Office 365 (OneDrive, Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint) and web apps such as Apricot and Payclock. The Technical Support Specialist will also provide first line support for telephones, wifi, and internet connections. This is a part-time position.
Job Duties and Tasks
- Oversee the daily performance of computer systems and network. Answer users’ inquiries regarding computer software and hardware operation to resolve problems.
- Read technical manuals, confer with users, and conduct computer diagnostics to investigate and resolve problems and to provide technical assistance and support.
- Install and perform repairs to hardware, software, and peripheral equipment, following design or installation specifications.
- Set up equipment for employee use, performing or ensuring proper installation of cable, operating systems, and appropriate software.
- Maintain record of daily data communication transactions, problems and remedial action taken, and installation activities.
- Confer with vendors and management to establish requirements for new systems or modifications.
- Refer major hardware or software problems or defective products to vendors or technicians for service.
- Prepare evaluations of software or hardware, and recommend improvements or upgrades.
- Develop training materials and procedures, and/or train users in the proper use of hardware and software.
- Provide assistance with Office 365 tools – OneDrive, Excel, Word, Outlook, Powerpoint, Publisher.
- Maintain customization for commercial webapps (Apricot and PayClock).
- Maintain the Caroline Center website.
- Prepare the online campaigns/newsletters, e-cards, and application letters via Mailchimp or similar email tool.
- Manage the Student Online Application Process.
- Prepare reports for Executive Director as required.
- Provide first line support for telephones and internet connectivity.
Skills and Qualifications
Excellent problem solving and communication skills; Experience with pc hardware and software maintenance and testing, network maintenance and vendor relationships; Knowledge of Office 365 products and Access; Understanding of relational databases and use of SQL; Willingness to learn new technologies.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Patricia McLaughlin, SSND, at firstname.lastname@example.org by May 19, 2017. To learn more about Caroline Center, please visit the Caroline Center website.