Position Title : Site Director: Engaging Young Latina Women
Department: National Catholic Sisters Project
Reports to: Sister Ann Oestreich, IHM, National Coordinator
Start Date: August 2017
Status: .80 FTE
Salary: $48,000 + benefits
Primary Function: The primary function of this position is to work with the National Catholic Sisters Project (NCSP) to reach out to and engage young Latina women throughout the country in awareness and exploration of religious life. This person will develop networks with young Latina women, along with programs and other materials that can be used by congregations, dioceses and in campus ministry settings to inform them about contemporary religious life in the U.S., and invite them to consider religious life as an option for their future.
1. Identify areas with large Catholic Latino/a populations
- Dioceses participating in the Diocesan Outreach Initiative
- Other areas in the U.S.
2. Develop relationships/networks along with outreach materials, including
- Online materials (in Spanish) directed at the young Latina population (including posts for NCSP SisterStory programs, Facebook and Twitter
- Programmatic materials (retreat days, etc.) on women’s religious life for Latina women
3. Participate in the local preparations for V Encuentro on behalf of NCSP, and attend the national gathering in Fall 2018.
- Assist in the translation of specified content from the National Catholic Sisters Week (www.nationalcatholicsistersweek.org) and SisterStory (www.sisterstory.org) websites from English into Spanish.
- Assist in the search for images that enhance the content
5. Work collaboratively with other Site Coordinators for NCSP
6. Other duties as requested by the National Coordinator
1. Must be a perpetually professed consecrated woman religious in good standing with her congregation
2. Must be fluent in Spanish and English
3. Must have strong written communication skills including the ability to read, write, interpret, create, edit and complete documents
4. Must have excellent computer skills and be able to engage with social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, podcasts, etc.
5. Experience in Vocation ministry is preferred
6. Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred; solid background in theology and Scripture
This work can be done where the sister is currently located; there is no requirement to re-locate. However, the person in this position will be hired and paid through Alverno College, and subject to the human resource requirements of the college.
This position is funded by a grant from the Conrad N. Hilton Foundation. The position is currently funded through August 31, 2019.
Qualified candidates should send a cover letter, resume and 3 references to:
Sister Ann Oestreich, IHM
National Coordinator, National Catholic Sisters Project
Deadline for application: June 30, 2017
Beginning date for position: August 1, 2017