Location: Our Lady of Good Counsel – Mankato, Minnesota
Job Type: Full-Time
General Summary: The Development Coordinator provides professional and administrative support to the Resource Development department and implementation of annual events to increase the participation of donors and prospects and to identify potential major gift donors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs duties in a manner consistent with the mission, values and policies of the School Sisters of Notre Dame.
- Develops and coordinate special events, working collaboratively with communications, IT and other departments across the Province.
- Stewards existing and develops new relationships for support. Visits and nurtures new donors for major gifts and legacy gifts.
- Identifies and solicits sponsors for events and supports volunteers to solicit sponsors for events.
- Communicates formally and informally with, and attend to the needs of donors, prospects and sisters in relation to Resource Development.
- Calls the Blessed Theresa Gerhardinger Legacy members in the area to steward relationship and update them on the Province.
- Enters data and gifts into Raiser’s Edge donor database and keep constituent records current, in coordination with Database Administrator and department policy.
- Generates timely reports and provide input to budget preparation; monitor income and expenses of events throughout the year and prepare statements of accountability as needed; calendar management and file maintenance.
- Prints acknowledgement letters and other correspondence as needed.
- Coordinates event and department mailings as assigned.
- Coordinates equipment and other items need for events.
- Keeps up-to-date on issues relating to the area of development and the use of Raiser’s Edge.
- Requires some travel.
- Performs other related duties and tasks as requested by the Resource Development Director.
- Follows safety procedures
- Attends workshops, in-services and campus employee meetings as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, or commensurate experience in development functions.
- Minimum of two years of administrative support experience in the area of development, with emphasis on special events, major gifts experience and donor database maintenance.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Cooperates as a team member.
- Ability to travel.
- Enthusiasm for and skill to solicit funds and in-kind gifts to support events.
- Possesses problem-solving and decision making abilities.
- Effective time management and analytical techniques.
- Ability to complete various work assignments in an environment of frequent interruptions and fluctuating workloads.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to respond effectively to broader community inquiries about the School Sisters of Notre Dame and development.
- Proficiency with Raiser’s Edge and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
Application Deadline: August 14th, 2017
Benefits Eligible: Yes
For more information contact Lindsey Van Beck at firstname.lastname@example.org