Position: Full-Time Assistant Director at Our Lady of the Prairie Retreat, Wheatland, IA
Applications accepted through August 15, 2017
Starting Date: Negotiable
Job Summary: The Our Lady of the Prairie Assistant Director works collaboratively with the OLPR Director to uphold the mission and core values of OLPR in all matters of general administration, planning, fiscal management, property maintenance, personnel management, public relations, marketing and communication. Please visit Congregation of Humility of Mary for more information.
Mission: We who carry on ministry at Our Lady of the Prairie Retreat provide hospitality and service in a sacred space of peace and beauty that promotes respect for all creation in the tradition of the Congregation of the Humility of Mary (CHM). We welcome all to come for prayer, spiritual renewal, solitude, conferences and meetings.
Core Values: Respects all people, appreciates diversity among people, cultures and spiritual traditions; is well versed in Catholic theology, social teachings and contemporary cosmology. Upholds the CHM “Land Ethic and Principles of Sustainability”
- Promote and sustain the mission of OLPR and charism of CHM
- Offer hospitality and presence to all guests of OLPR
- Offer spiritual companionship, lead prayer and retreats
- Recruit, train and schedule volunteers
- Facilitate program readiness with assistant
- Oversee the gift shop, maintain inventory and financial records
- Assist director with meal preparation, gardening and maintenance of grounds
- Supervise housekeeping staff
- Work collaboratively with Director and OLPR Advisory Committee in long range planning, budget, fund development and financial reporting
- Work with Program Assistant in scheduling events
- Reconcile debit card on a monthly basis. Record petty cash expenditures, maintain receipts and replenish cash when needed.
- Assist with DonorPerfect database management
- Shop for food and household supplies
- Offer hospitality to guests, volunteers and staff
- Manage recycling and garbage
- Assist with management of DonorPerfect database
- Dedication to retreat work as a ministry
- Familiarity with retreat facilities, planning and scheduling of events
- Three or more years of non-profit management/leadership in hospitality, operations and human resources.
- Strong sense of hospitality and collaborative skills
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule
- Master’s degree or Certification in spiritual direction and/or pastoral ministry
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Able to offer environmental education and implement environmental practices
Physically able to do outdoor work and gardening
Applicants are requested to send a cover letter, resume, three professional references and give a range of an expected salary. This full time salaried position includes medical benefits, vacation, holidays and housing if the applicant lives at OLPR.
Our Lady of the Prairie Retreat
820 West Central Park Avenue
Davenport, IA 52804
Contact Kathleen Storms, SSND, at email@example.com for more information.