Information About the Associate Program
Who can be an Associate?
An Associate is a woman or man, 21 years of age or older, who wishes to share with the School Sisters of Notre Dame in faith, prayer and spiritual growth. An Associate has a desire to live the spirit of SSND and to further the SSND mission of proclaiming the good news by directing her/his life toward the oneness for which Jesus Christ was sent.
What does it mean to be an Associate?
The Associate makes a covenant to live the spirit and mission of the School Sisters of Notre Dame through:
- Deepening personal and communal prayer
- Participating in SSND spiritual, educational, and social activities
- Extending the spirit of SSND in her/his respective ministry/lifestyle
- Sharing one’s gifts, faith life, and lived experiences with other Associates and with SSNDs
|Click the image above to view or print a pdf of the SSND Associates Brochure, or click here to place an order to be sent to you.|
How can SSNDs and Associates enrich one another?
The School Sisters of Notre Dame and Associates:
- Support and challenge one another in living the mission of Jesus Christ
- Gather regularly for mutual sharing of faith, prayer, and reflection on SSND spirituality
- Attend local and province events and gatherings
- Enrich each other’s lives through mutual respect and caring relationships
How does one become an Associate?
During the Pre-Associate preparation time, the prospective Associate can become better acquainted with the School Sisters of Notre Dame and with the SSND heritage, mission, and spirituality. After personal discernment and preparation, the Pre-Associate makes a covenant as an Associate for one year. The Associate renews her/his covenant annually.