U.N. World Day Against Human Trafficking
"Every country must join together to overcome this transnational threat by supporting and protecting victims while pursuing and prosecuting the criminals. On the World Day Against Trafficking in Persons, let us resolve to act as one in the name of justice and dignity for all."
U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon
The School Sisters of Notre Dame are ardent advocates of human dignity and basic human rights for all people from conception to natural death. Two issues which are of particular concern these days are human trafficking and immigration. Please join us in observing U.N. World Day Against Human Trafficking on July 30 by taking action against human trafficking.
We suggest the following SSND trafficking-related resources:
- SSND July Solidarity Reflection on Human Trafficking
- SSND Prayer/Resource Card on Human Trafficking
- Prayer Service on the theme of anti-human trafficking
- The latest issue of the Stop Trafficking! newsletter that SSND helps sponsor
- Information on the SSND international website about human trafficking
- The SSND Atlantic-Midwest Province Corporate Stance against human trafficking